Measure 11 is an Oregon law that requires judges to impose harsh mandatory minimums, even for first offenders, who have been convicted of certain felonies. The list of Oregon “Measure 11” crimes includes most sex offenses as well as the following violent crimes.
- Arson I (Arson 1 / Arson in the First Degree) – ORS 164.325
- Assault I (Assault 1 / Assault in the First Degree) – ORS 163.185
- Assault II (Assault 2 / Assault in the Second Degree) – ORS 163.175
- Attempted Murder – ORS 163.115 and see ORS 161.405
- Attempted Aggravated Murder – ORS 163.095 and see ORS 161.40
- Kidnapping I (Kidnapping 1 / Kidnapping in the First Degree) – ORS 163.235
- Kidnapping II (Kidnapping 2 / Kidnapping in the Second Degree) – ORS 163.225
- Manslaughter I (Manslaughter 1 / Manslaughter in the First Degree) – ORS 163.118
- Manslaughter II (Manslaughter 2 / Manslaughter in the Second Degree) – ORS 163.125
- Murder – ORS 163.115
- Robbery I (Robbery 1 / Robbery in the First Degree) – ORS 164.415
- Robbery II (Robbery 2 / Robbery in the Second Degree) – ORS 164.405
Anna P. Sammons maintains a small Measure 11 case-load (typically just 2 to 3 cases at a time) to ensure that she is able to provide each client with the quality of representation that they deserve. If she is not able to take your case, she will make sure to follow through with referrals to the best possible attorney for your situation.